Personal information held by us may include your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, credit card details and your username or password. We also hold details of your JTOB Premium Hosting services, as well as certain details about how you use our services.
Information we hold is provided by you with your knowledge and participation. If you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. your name), we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to us (e.g. your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them that we can be contacted for further information.
We will not collect information revealing your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation, unless compelled to do so by law.
The personal information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- To administer our network;
- For billing purposes;
- For any other purpose for which you would reasonably expect your personal information to be used;
- For any other purpose authorised by the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act of 1988.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms, or when you submit your personal details through our websites (eg. during registration);
- from third parties such as your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified under 'When we disclose your personal information'; or
- from our own records of how you use your JTOB Premium Hosting services;
We also record other information via our website to ensure the security of our clients, including:
- your computers IP Address, whenever you order/upgrade or renew services with us to protect against fraud.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that we can promote and market services to you. This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not wish us to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you, please advise us.How to Contact Us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
In order to deliver the services you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of JTOB Premium Hosting. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our services to you.
These organisations carry out our:
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- market research; and
- website usage analysis.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- fraud-checking agencies;
- our wholesale providers/suppliers;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies.
When a domain name license is registered, certain information is collected for use on the WHOIS service. The WHOIS service allows internet users to query a domain name to find out the identity and contact details of the registrant. The public WHOIS service is a standard feature of domain name systems around the world and is subject to the relevant registry operator's policies and requirements.
For .au domain registrations please see auDA’s WHOIS policy at http://www.auda.org.au/whois-policy
We may amend the terms applying to the use of your personal information at any time, subject to informing you of the amendments by publishing the revised policy on our website.Help Us to Ensure We Hold Accurate Information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address. You are able to update your details via My Account on our website.
Access To Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
We will endeavour to keep your personal information as secure as reasonably possible. Information provided to us via our website is protected using the highest grade 256-bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer encryption). Our servers which store your information are in a secure facility with 24/7 security monitoring. Our Internet server utilises a modern Linux-based operating system that is maintained with the latest available security patches and updates.